- Date Available:
- Click on the dark blue triangle (small blue box in above image), a calendar will appear and you can select the date you want your item to be available.
- Product Name:
- How you want the Item to be searched for, and appear on your website.
- Tax Class:
- If your item is non-taxable select –none–. If your item is taxable select Taxable Goods.
- Product Price (Net):
- Products price (Gross):
- Always Free Shipping:
- 3 options to choose from:
- Yes, Always Free Shipping (You pay for shipping)
- No, Shipping Address Required (They pay for shipping)
- Special, Product/Download Combo Requires a Shipping Address
- This will be asked for with every item that is entered.
- Product Qty Minimum:
- The minimum purchasable amount of an item
- This amount cannot be set at Zero.
- Product Qty Maximum:
- 1 = No Qty Boxes, customers can only order one of that item.
- When set as a lower number, then the Product Qty., can only be ordered up to that amount.
- If the maximum is set to 4: orderable amounts are only from 1-4.
- If you try to order 5 an error will appear.
- 0 = Unlimited, customers can order up to what you have in stock.
- Product Qty. Units play a big part with the Product Qty Maximum.
- Product Qty Units:
- If your Product Qty. set to Zero you cannot order any products.
- If your Product Qty .Unit is set to 1, they can order as many items as you have in stock.
- Units have a control on how much you sell at a time. If the Product Qty. is greater than 1, that is the minimum qty. you can order, and you must order in multiples of this minimum qty.:
If you have your Product Qty Units set as 2, then the orders will be in multiples of 2 (2,4,6,8,10,12 etc...)
- If you have your Product Qty Units set as 3, then the orders will be in multiples of 3 (3,6,9,12,15,18 etc...)
- If you have your Product Qty Units set as 4, then the orders will be in multiples of 4 (4,8,12,16,20,24 etc...)
- If you have your Product Qty Units set as 5, then the orders will be in multiples of 5 (5,10,15,20,25,30 etc..)
- Products Description:
- Describes the product to the customer so they know what they are purchasing
- Products Quantity:
- Amount of items that you have in stock that are available to be sold.
- A quantity of Zero will show the product being sold out.
- If you are not going to use the Zen Cart to keep track of your stock, make sure to use an outragious number so that you do not run out in the Zen Cart
- Example 600,000 for your your products Quantity
- Products Model:
- Use a number system which you have, or which is already being used on the item.
- This is another way for you to keep track of your items
- This will show up for the customer to see.
- Products Image:
- The main image for your product
- What the customer will be viewing before purchasing the item.
- Select the image of the product that you would like the customer to see.
- I recommend you have at least a 500 pixels picture in width, but no larger than 1000 pixels in width, so you don't time out any internet browsers while viewing the image.
- An example of finding the width of the image is below.
- You can find this block by right clicking the image and clicking Properties or Image Properties
- Upload to directory:
- Set to the category so your items end up in the catefory files.
- Products Shipping Weight:
- The approximate weight of the item for shipping purposes.
- Sort Order:
Used for organizing your items.
- Using intervals of 5 or 10 (5,10,15,20...etc. or 10,20,30,40...etc.) leaves you space in between each item in case an item was forgotten, or new items are received.
Once you are finished filling out all the correct information, select the preview button and a your updated page will show up.
(Similar to the image below, but with your information.)
On the top of the page a green bar will appear, saying:
Success: FIle upload saved successfully white.png
(The white.png is the image chosen here.)
- Click the Insert button and you will have created your first product.
- The above image is my first product: White-T
- You have just added your first product
- To Add another product to this category, select the new product button and repeat the above steps.
Click here for more Tutorials